Here are a few photos from my visit to the War Memorial of Korea (Hangul: 전쟁기념관), a military history museum in Yongsandong, Seoul, not far from the American military base. It is strange to have a memorial for a war that isn’t over—but hey, what else would you call it?
A complete travelogue from one unplanned week in Seoul, South Korea. These stories are evenly divided between lengthy travelogues and brief photo galleries and are arranged in rough chronological order.
- First Impressions of Seoul
- Still Images of a Modern Seoul
- A Crash Course in Korean Culture
- Learning to Love Kimchi
- Seodaemun Prison
- Insadong and Cheonggyecheon
- The Dark Side of Seoul
- War Memorial of Korea
- Seoul Inspired
- Bongeunsa Temple
- Hanok Style and Traditional Korea
- Seoul After Dark
- Final Thoughts About My First Trip to Seoul